Sunday, February 6, 2011

100 Sneakers in One

A sneaker would be covered in Velcro or other suitable material and the customer would buy a kit of patches to cover his/hers sneakers - to customize it so to speak  so s/he would be able to get lots of combinations. I realize this would be a fad appealing mostly to kids but perhaps it would be worth looking into it.

I am no graphic designer to illustrate this concept, but some time ago I found a few web pages which give an idea about it:






For an art project children painted the sneakers. Of course the sneakers were spoiled so why not achieve almost the same result by using a Velcro sneaker + kits.

There is a Chinese company that already produces sneakers that can have
different images attached,

so something similar to my idea but not to the extent I envision (i.e. a fully 'customizable' sneaker).

Perhaps my idea is not so far-fetched as Ralph Lauren was selling at some point 'Paint Your Own Polo' kits .
https://writeonandmore.wordpress.com/2008/07/31/ponypaintpurpose-ralph-lauren-paint-your-polo-kit/

No comments:

Post a Comment